Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Smells Like Autumn!!

The title says it all. For me, autumn is by far the best season of the year. The changing colors, the cooler weather, the dying of all of those pesky insects.....ah. I hate heat, so I'm not a big fan of the summer. I love winter, but fall is the best. It's nippy, but not freezing. Perfect time for camping trips and bonfires.

The biggest fall activity at my house is going down to the creek. Yes, that is it's technical name. There is a steep valley by my house, and when fall comes and all of the wood ticks die, we go down to our little camp. By that time, the creek is pretty much dried up, but there are still little ponds scattered about. We clean up the campsite that the spring floods have ravaged, then build a fire and stuff ourselves with marshmallows. After that, we'll probably go exploring. I live way out in the middle of nowhere, in a forest. Therefore, we can forage on for hours and hours in one direction, and still be in the middle of nowhere. It's amazing.

When I was younger, we would always play cowboys and horses down at the creek. We were the horses, and we were running away from the cowboys. Very exciting, as I'm sure you can imagine. ;)

When we do get around to going down to the creek, I'll be sure to post pictures. It's kind of hard to find a time to do it, what with college and this annoying thing called "adult responsibility". *sigh*

No comments: